Vacationing Without My Kids

I've been married for 15 years and have managed to spit out three kids in the process. I love my kids. My husband and three sons, ages 14, 13 and 12, are the center of my life. I can hardly remember a time when I've had a moment to myself. Although I'm not complaining, my dream has always been to take a cruise to the carribbean islands. Ever since my kids were born, my husband and I have been too busy to take any kind of trip, let alone to the carribbean islands. Well, a miracle happened and my dream has come true. It seems my husband's dad had to have a hernia operation and they needed some extra help. So my husband volunteered to take my sons out to the ranch for a summer of fun and learning experience. That meant, I was left to fend for myself for two whole months. What a treat.

As soon as they were on the road, the first thing I did was jump online to look for available cruises and island vacation packages. I found a ship going out to St. Croix and surrounding small islands. It was mine. Before it was time to leave, I went online to shop for a brand new bikini. I couldn't make up my mind. There was a vast array of different ones that made me want to buy them all. It was hard deciding between the kind I wanted but I ended up buying fourteen of them so I would have at least two for every day of my trip. I am expecting to go on the local beaches and flaunt my brand new bathing suits as well as hang out at the cruise spas and on top of the pool deck.

So I'm all packed and ready to go and who knows what I will encounter. Wish me luck.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 2:07 PM

0 Comments to "Vacationing Without My Kids"

Post a Comment