Vacationing in the Backyard

Sometimes you don't feel like packing up and making reservations to go anywhere. You kind of just want to relax at home. So my husband and kids and I planned a vacation in our backyard. We went out and bought a few tents and sleeping bags and got out the old camping gear to park it right at the back of our house.

The neighbors were so envious and wanted to join but it was going to be just a family thing. We cooked hot dogs and hamburgers on a camping grill and told each other scary stories. We made smores and laughed like we were really out in the woods. It was kind of warm outside so I got to wear my swimsuit top and shorts.

My kids had a great time and I think that we're going to do it more often. It's cheap and we got to spend quality family time together. Give it a try and if you do drop me a line and let me know how it went.

Monday, November 30, 2009 at 1:55 PM

0 Comments to "Vacationing in the Backyard"

Post a Comment